[IRCA] DX logging: CMAQ-790 Pinar del Río, PdR & [non] Rebelde-670

[IRCA] DX logging: CMAQ-790 Pinar del Río, PdR & [non] Rebelde-670

670 CUBA Radio Rebelde: Tuned in this morning @ 1000 6/17 to
  find WPMH absent. SS on channel which I thought to
  be Rebelde. Tried checking ll655 kHz for //, but it
  was absent, too. After 10 minutes of VERY careful
  listening, was satisfied I was hearing WWFE. No ID
  audible, though. Returned @ 1100 to find a weak
  Rebelde beneath WWFE. Returned @ 1200 to find WPMH
  back and Rebelde on top of WWFE. * (CAT*NC)

790 CUBA Radio Reloj "CMAQ" Pinar del Río, PdR: logged @
  2057 6/17. Briefly atop WNIS, Norfolk. Male voice
  announced time, then female voice announced "Radio
  Reloj," followed by usual 500-Hz time pip, and then
  brand-new chime sequence not heard last night.
  Near dead-center, frequency wise, like other RR net
  stations. I'm chasing Reloj, now. (CAT*NC)

* This may be a manifestation of what I call the "Bermuda Effect."
Noted in Bermuda 1978 - 1981, this consisted of such far in-land
US stations as WLW-700 and WJR-760 going into the usual dawn
induced fade-out of skywave; HOWEVER, to begin FADING BACK IN
and at fair level at high noon, Bermuda time! I conclude this is due to
some sort of sea/land refraction that bends low-angle spacewave
(not skywave) back toward the ocean to be propagated long distance.
(CAT*NC)