Re: [IRCA] German?

Paul, I'm fluent in German... and I was in Vienna a couple of years ago.
Lots of FM there, only one MW (1476).

What I hear from the MP3 is this:

21 and 39 (9:39pm) in Vienna, You're listening to Energy (slurred?) Hundred
Four point (comma) 2.  Now, at number one on the US Billboard charts, the
newest from Ne-Yo, "Because of You"-- very very soulful sound and a romantic
R&B on this Tuesday Holiday Eve, and also important to mention is I just
received a call from an Energy-listener from South Carolina-- so far away --
here, you can listen to him.  "Hello this is Paul from South Carolina and
I'm listening to Energy 104,2 in Vienna".

It's not a literal translation, that would look wierd as the word order, etc
is all different from English.  And he's using some slangy Austrian German.

What day did you call them?  I looked at the calendar of Austrian holidays
and the closest that seems to work is May 1.

Interesting comments from Bill Kral and Maria Pietsch (I'm so sorry, my
condolences) about Dutch speakers listening to/reading German-- I can READ
Dutch but I don't understand it when spoken.  We have friends in Belgium
that are Flemish and they often write Flemish/Dutch for my benefit (they
were at UC Davis back when I was publishing DX Monitor, and living in
Davis).

Hope this helps,

Rich Toebe
Vacaville CA