Re: [IRCA] WNJC-1360

Brett Saylor wrote:
> I didn't see the QRSS during the times I checked; the code showed up
> +/-1 kHz from the carrier on a spectral display,

I only listened for the first hour of the test, and did not see any QRSS
tones at all.

The sawtooth, sweeps, dual-tone pulses, and conventional CW were easily
audible.

All of the sweep tones cut through the on-channel slop and displayed
remarkably well on Spectran, as did the dual-tone pulses. For sweep
tones and other type audio tones, it looks like Spectran will be a
helpful tool, even without QRSS.

At no time during the time period I was listening did I hear any of the
expected QRSS tones on either sideband. Based on the strength of the
conventional CW tones, I should have seen these easily at the stated +/-
2.5 KHz offset from the main carrier.

Maybe these were transmitted later on?

Rick Kunath
Almont, MI