[IRCA] AB8YP's comments, pruned a tad

At 10:46 AM 6/4/2007 -0700, you wrote:

>To Patrick, Chuck, Paul, and the group
>
>Setting up my amateur radio station during the last
>few weeks has taught me a lot about soil conditions,
>propagation, antennas, radials, test equipment, etc.
>
>Granted not everyone on this list is ham, but I still
>think it's in everyone's best interest to learn as
>much as possible to make the most out of this hobby.
>
>73, Joe Miller, AB8YP, Troy, MI

Joe,

I've been watching. It seems to be you've really been
earning your upgrade, and after the fact, too.

I'm still a tech plus, but amateur radio came long
after my deepest electronic education (provided by
US Navy, and absorbed by me with a real zeal), and
ham radio has always been kind of a side-show as
compared to the electronic education I've gotten via
plain old MW DX and also the Navy and VOA: experience.

Maybe I'll hit the wall MW-DX-wise somesday, and
then buckle down and really learn CW, or bone up on
RTTY, since I can't talk.

But congrats to you for learning bunches over the
past few weeks.

Thank heavens some hams want to advance beyond being
2-meter appliance operators!

73 to you!

Charles

   Charles A Taylor, WD4INP