Re: [IRCA] Amateur with 5 towers

> Took a ride out to La Center, Washington yesterday and drove by a house on
> acreage with 6 huge towers.  One tower had a huge moon-raker type antenna,
> 10 meters? The other beams I guess were 15 m 20m 40m etc.  Very impressive
> setup.  Looked like a small version of a VOA transmitter site.  Rotor
> cables and coax a top posts leading to his transmitting room.

If any of you southerners ever get up to this part of the world, go visit
VE6JY's antenna farm in Lamont, AB. His setup will make any DXer drool with
envy. He must have 20 towers topped with rotators and yagis, plus various
beverages and EWE's, covering all ham bands. All cables etc run underground
and all his equipment is in the upper half of a huge workshop. Very
impressive. One member on this list visits it quite often.

Mike in St Isidore, AB