Re: [IRCA] WA STATE TIS/HAR INFO

Dennis wrote:

> I have a hard time hearing IDs of radio professionals when trying
> to ID a station call letters.  It is really dificult to ID the HAR/
> TIS stations.  The quality of the recording equipment might be the
> problem?  Has anyone heard the TIS station in the Quinault Rain
> forest area of Washington?

Most of the ones with timely messages (accidents, etc.) are voiced by
telephone. The two that I described were done professionally in
recording studios. It's been three years or so since I drove through
George, WA but one thing I do remember was that the highs splattered.
It was as if 15-15,000hz info was put on a tape going at 1 7/8ips.
The WSDOT announcer (the one who returned) is by no means a
professional announcer but his diction was good and he was totally
intelligible (and still is).

Pete Taylor
Tacoma, WA
12225w 4719n