Re: [IRCA] CFB (Compact Florescent Blubs)

Re: [IRCA] CFB (Compact Florescent Blubs)

> Ca. '91, Narragansett Electric Co. offered Rhode Islanders who
> lived in Gold
> Medallion Homes several cash savers.

I had EXACTLY the same deal in 1989. I guarantee you, that
Naragansett Electric guy made a believer out of me with the CFLs.

>   Next made generous proposition. Accept several CFB's, gratis, and
> monthly
> juice bill sinks. Had interference concerns. We tested couple CFBs
> w/Sony 2010.
> No noise. None. Offer accepted. Man left. Bill reduced.

This was done for me out in Westerly at the time. Had just moved from
Middletown. I had no noise whatsoever from the CFLs. Still don't. I
was happy to have my bill drop by $15.

> Still, incandescents preferred, warmer light.

My only problem with them is that they don't come on full brightness.
It takes a full minute to come to full power.

Interference on any band is nil though. Can't beat it.

Kevin