From: Charles A Taylor <MWDXer@xxxxxxx>
Subject: [IRCA] It may come as a shock!
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2007 20:42:47 -0400

At 11:21 AM 4/28/2007 -0600, you wrote:
>Chaz said: And you don't get "shocked" on RF, you get burnt.
>///////
>Maybe it works differently in you Chaz. Perhaps you have developed an
>immunity after all those years of RF exposure! But what happened to me
>when I touched RF was definitely electrical in nature. And it was
>definitely shocking to me. And I did get a burn from it.
>

>Patrick Griffith, Westminster CO

Patrick,

Matter of definition. Here's what I mean:

At 10 years old, I was fooling with an old TV set power transformer.
It had a 300V-CT-300V HV winding. Well, I energized that nasty guy
and without wanting to, got my hand across the full 600 volts.

As I picked myself up from my left side some ten feet away, I knew
that I had gotten shocked. I could, with clear conscience, swear
on a stack of NRC Logs that I'd gotten bitten.

Same thing has happened with 300 VDC, except I didn't jump as high.

I've gotten across some 500 V RF, and I didn't jump, but I sure
pulled my claw away in a hurry and simultaneously invented a new
word. Afterwards, I repeated my marvelous new word as I put some
Neosporin© on my burn.

I ain't disagreeing with you, precisely.

Know what I mean, Vern?

Charles

Charles A Taylor, WD4INP
Greenville, North Carolina