[IRCA] Thank you re 790 CIGM & 600 CKAT responses

[IRCA] Thank you re 790 CIGM & 600 CKAT responses

Thanks to all of you who responded re CKAT 600 and
CIGM 790. I took a trip to Burnt River ON and 790 is
clearly dominant at night, and it shouldn't be. I'm
also hearing a *bit* more CKAT than I think is normal,
and these both fit with the pattern I've noticed this
season. Well, get 'em while you can -- a ***very***
diplomatic, friendly approach is planned. I will not
use any names of course. I just wanted to know if I
was on base or off base.

On a related note with these stations, some radio
trivia ... the only other AM stations in northern
Ontario are low-power CBC relays, and 580 CKPR Thunder
Bay which is scheduled to move to FM and sign off not
too long from now. Not much to hear up there in the
daytime on AM. The only thing that may stop them from
moving to FM is CRTC ownership limits of two FM
stations in one community for one company. Rogers
already has two in Sudbury and two in North Bay, I
believe.

Again, thanks to the many of you who responded.

Saul