Re: [IRCA] Digitization of cassettes. New digital voice recorder

Re: [IRCA] Digitization of cassettes. New digital voice recorder

Charles A Taylor wrote:

The Bermuda tapes may have deteriorated, but I was using a rather inferior-
grade portable cassette recorder. They were still quite intelligible. :'(

Charlie-Sparky-san,

    DO NOT, I say again, DO NOT get rid of those tapes. In the foggy
recesses of my neuron container, I seem to recall something in a
computer mag about salvaging tapes that are of, shall we say, worthless
value. Any of our tech-types recall any such article(s)? "Simple" matter
of reprocessing by ???  technology.

    Will do some checking for you, but this will cost you
big-time...what type of "surplus" equipment does the defunct VOA
Greenville site have listed? :-X

    Mike