Re: [IRCA] Cuban jammer on 1550, very strong.

--- Barry McLarnon <bdm@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Saturday 24 March 2007 17:31, Jim Renfrew wrote:
> > Yes, but how do you know what to write in the logbook.  Is it
> definitely a
> > Cuban transmission?  Jim Renfrew
>
> Who else would jam 1550?  And, based on the observations of our
> friends in
> Florida, I'd say a Cuban location is highly probable... "beyond a
> reasonable
> doubt" is good enough for me.

*** I agree. My log has more than a few entries that look like this:

870	CM	???	CUB	070118 	1750	Spanish talk; Code "RR"

With no local ID's, different stations running different networks at
different times and no definitive resource such as we have for most
other countries, what else can one do ???

Russ Edmunds
Blue Bell, PA ( 360' ASL )
[15 mi NNW of Philadelphia]
40:08:45N; 75:16:04W, Grid FN20id