Re: [IRCA] OT: DXing R. Moishac and R. Inter

--- Charles A Taylor <MWDXer@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Group,
>

> Last night (Friday), I tried 1710. This time Inter was in at S-7. I
> recorded several references to "Inter-en" ("en" being pronounced as
> nasalized "awn."
> Think I remember that Haitian French places the "en" French prefix (=
> "on," "upon") AFTER the noun [thus making it a "postfix"].
> Anyway, I logged it.
>
> But Radio Moishach was totally absent.

*** That would be normal, as Saturday is their Sabbath day, the
typically are off theair from sundown Friday untilt Sundown Saturday.

> NEXT QUESTION:
>
> Both apparently have been in operation for quite a while. Were's the
> FCC in
> this? Sure, at least by osmosis, the FCC knows about
> both stations. Has political consideration held them off from
> "busting"
> these stations?

***I've read that the Feds get absolutely no cooperation from most of
the locals on this because nobody seems to want to be involved. As for
R. Inter, I'll leave that for someone closer and/or more familiar with
them - only heard them once here.

Russ Edmunds
Blue Bell, PA ( 360' ASL )
[15 mi NNW of Philadelphia]