Re: [IRCA] Lubavitcher Station-1710

At 03:53 AM 3/24/2007, you wrote:

>> Lubavitcher is a nick name someone started a few years ago as far as I
>> know.
>> He's received here in MA quite a bit, supposed to be from NY.
>
>The "Lubavitcher Hasidim" are the sect of Orthodox Jews (more formally the
>Chabad-Lubavitch Hasidic movement) believed to be operating the station.
>(They're named after the town in eastern Europe where the sect's founding
>rabbi came from, I believe.)
>
>Their headquarters are at 770 Eastern Parkway in Crown Heights, Brooklyn.
>I suppose if one were seeking a QSL, one could do worse than to send it to
>Radio Moshiach at that address.

Scott, if I'm not mistaken, that town is Uman in central  Ukraine .  Since the fall of communism thousands of Hasidic Jews converge on the town yearly to commemorate the death of the founding rabbi who's also buried there, I believe.  Produces a mini-boom in the local economy, apparently.
.........Walt Salmaniw, Victoria

Checked by AVG Free Edition.