Re: [IRCA] The sky fell last night!

Charles and Mr. Callarman & IRCA colleagues -

 HD radio states we must not listen to distant stations because that hurts
'local' ones, all of whom are programmed from corporate studios eight thousand
miles distant.

Locally, WENG 1530 AM has dedicated news director. Rich Fedaliri (Phonetic)
is enthusiastic, does good job. His predecessor, Bill Sheperd, was a pro,
retired outa NYC & Houston. In addition to rip & read, Rich culls PD/FD files, and,
- getta loada this - hits public meetings, does interviews. Horrifying.

Why does ENG do this? Audience likes it. Their Sales Mgr is a good guy, one
familiar w/BigBoyKasters. Odd, he keeps saying 'compelling programs', not
digital jamming to bock audience choice, are what grab & hold audiences.

 What does he mean by that? Clearly, WENG is not ready for 'our inevitable
digital future'.