[IRCA] 1390 WRSC testing IBOC?

I tuned to my local 2kW 1390 WRSC, and heard the unmistakable buzzsaw of
IBOC hash from 1380-1400 for a few hours today... delightfully ironic
since their main signal on 1390 was also overwhelmed with the hash.
Called the station and they claimed a "power problem at the
transmitter." Shortly after my call, the signal was back to normal. I
emailed the station to see if they indeed testing IBOC. Will be
interesting to see what they say (if anything).

If they are really turning on IBOC, that sure didn't take long!

Brett Saylor
Central PA