Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] Re: Here it Comes....FCC To Release IBOC RulesNext Week

Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] Re: Here it Comes....FCC To Release IBOC RulesNext Week

Part of the problem is you never hear anything about it anywhere really. It
is only in magazines for professional broadcasters, some of whom obviously
blindly see it as a savior or something like that or in lists such as this
one where it is seen more realistically as the scourge it is. I would guess
that more than 99% of the people here don't even know it exists.  I don't
personally know anyone who even owns an IBOC receiver, nor do I know anyone
with any plans to buy one. HD is a bust even on TV so far. I just bought an
HD LCD TV and have satellite, I called the satellite co. a few days ago to
inquire about HD channels' availabilty and out of hundreds of channels they
have 9, yes 9. I guffawed in the guy's face, I couldn't help it. If even TV
doesn't offer it, (and at least it may have a plausible positive benefit
there; it would make an obvious difference in the picture quality). how is
iBlock going to work even if it were a workable technology? (which it
obviously isn't)
iBlock just kind of snuck in during the middle of the night like a skunk
into your garbage can and the skunk smells better,

Bob Young
Analog, Ma
KB1OKL