[IRCA] R8B help. VOA-1180 Okinawa

Charlie,

<The BFO should turn on when you press the LSB, USB, CW or RTTY <keys on the
<front panel of the receiver. Also, the same indicator lamps should
<light up (the ones located in the top right corner of the
<frequency/function display board).

The above indicator lamps all work.  Listened to some amateurs on Lsb and it worked fine.  This coming morning when the TPs roll in I will try the 2.3 kHz bandwidth method.  Will also try the 6.0 bandwidth setting.  Thanks for taking the time to help me.

Thanks for the information about the Okinawa transmitter.  Can imagine how you felt when you installed the 15-kV diode stack and found out that it came from the Okinawa transmitter. Happy that I got a QSL from VOA in Okinawa, I believe that the remaining stations are low power.

Dennis,
Vancouver, WA