Re: [IRCA] Censoring ourselves (was KXEL, etc. etc., etc.)

--- Charles A Taylor <MWDXer@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Patrick,
>
> I disagree. Profoundly. This list is about US (MW DXers) and our
> hobby. Are
> we going to censor ourselves because we're worried about the opinions
> or
> "hurt feelings" of someone who Googles into our list?

*** The issue is not about people Googling the list. It is about
broadcasters - some number opf whom are also DX'ers to some degree -
who are regular subscribers to the list.

> I made my initial comments about KXEL, and I let them stand. I DID
> prefix
> them with a "sweetener" of making a fool of myself. But I still say
> they
> have their validity.

*** Since the initial comments ( and title ) also rested on a
presumption which wasn't correct - that there was a requirement for
backup, I'd have to challenge that statement.

One of the points which has come up a few times in this thread is that
whenever any of us is working from presumptions which are not correct
or which cannot be reasonably supported -- and here I have to include
posts which label stations as cheating, which carries with it that the
action results from some willful intent -- problems result.

Russ Edmunds
Blue Bell, PA ( 360' ASL )
[15 mi NNW of Philadelphia]
40:08:45N; 75:16:04W, Grid FN20id