Re: [IRCA] Censoring ourselves (was KXEL, etc. etc., etc.)

Re: [IRCA] Censoring ourselves (was KXEL, etc. etc., etc.)

Charlie,

I hate to be hardnosed on this, but then we should not complain when we
get nasty feedback from stations. Maybe we should just DX, forget about
QSLs, station tours, and anything connected with a relationship between
the DXer and the station. You know as much as I like e mail. The great
things it has brought us, it sure has a negative side to it too.   As
one CE told me, one negative comment, gets out to dozens of engineers.
Does the good outweigh the bad in this case?  We have wonderful people
out there like Les Rayburn and others that break their necks trying to
get DX tests that we all enjoy. Do we want to do something that
negatively affects them? I think not. We have a tendacy to speak our
minds in e mail often to the point where we upset the apple cart and do
more damage. Does complaining about a certain station change things
regarding that station? No, of course not. If anything the word gets
back to that station and they get angry with the DX community. They may
not want to have anything to do with us any longer. Is venting really
worth it? I don't think it is.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin