[IRCA] Last Night's TAs in North Alabama

[IRCA] Last Night's TAs in North Alabama

Last night was phenomenal for TA reception, at least
for me here in North Alabama.  I got amazing audio
from Spain-684 and France-1206.  S9 at times for both
of these.  What made this unusual was the fact that
the A index was 5, and the K was 1.  While good, I
usually don't get TA reception like this unless both
indices are around 1 for a couple of days.

Also, two new TA's with Spain-855 and France-945.  Not
as strong, but still quite readable at times.  To give
an indication of who strong the signals were, I
usually have to use the 2.3 kHz filter on my R-8 to be
able to determine if there's any audio present.
However, last night, all signals were strong enough
that I only had to use the 4 kHz filter.  I know
there's lots of guys in the Northeast and/or on the
East Coast who get this stuff all the time, but TA
audio is not the regular occurrence for me, being so
far away from the ocean.

Strong carriers on 567 (presumed Ireland), and 1044
(presumed Morocco) last night as well, but no audio.
The 567 carrier does well here quite often, so I feel
that bagging Ireland is only a matter of time.

73,

J.D. Stephens
Hampton Cove, AL
Drake R-8, Kiwa Loop, 40' Randomwire