Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] A PSSA/PSRA Rant

Radiofldude@xxxxxxx wrote:
> This PSSA crap is exactly that, a load of crap.
>
> Mind you, I'm not complaining about the issue of the power levels my
> station was given... Im a little upset at all the hoops we must jump thru!
>
> I go to 33 watts from 6:30 to 7:00pm
> Then I go to 15 watts from 7pm to 7:30pm
> Finally, I go to 10 watts from 7:30 to 8:30PM
>
> At 8:30pm, I go back to my NIGHT power of 27 WATTS!!
>
> What is the point of jumping thru all these hoops, which will requires a
> sophisticated peic eof equipment and solid state transmitter. Neither of
> which I have or can afford (We're on an old tube right)
>
> Why cant I just stay and plain old 27 watts?
> LUCKILY, my PSRA stays at 6am ALL year long and a nice, level 500 watts

If you actually read the order before ranting about it, you'd see that
indeed, you CAN use your licensed night power level instead of a
PSRA/PSSA power level. So yes, you can go to 27 watts at 6:30 and stay
there.

(And if you're running a 1 kW tube rig all night long at 27 watts,
you're probably wasting enough power in a year or two to pay for that
solid state rig...but that matter's been beaten to death on another list.)