Re: [IRCA] Michael Savage

"Thanks a million for this one Gil. I'm 42, but I have a huge love of
Big Band and all things swing. Kep 'em comin'!"

Age has nothing to do with it.  4 or 5 years ago the current Glenn Miller
Orchestra under direction by Larry O'Brien was here in town performing at
the Lucas Theatre, a 1920s theater, recently rennovated. I treated three
generations of my family to the event.  My daughter, then 12, couldn't
believe it when she heard Johnny Mercer songs performed.  She remembered
them from when her grandmother would sing them to her as a small child.
More than one track from the Glenn Miller Orchestra CD she bought at the
time has shown up on her CD mixes which also include Old Blue Eyes Himself.
BTW, Sinatra is a featured singer in one of the Tommy Dorsey shows featured
in the Big Bands section of the website I mentioned in my last post.

73 Gil