Re: [IRCA] Savage Nation (was 1650 fun)

Any station who wished to be onna map missed their chance when they didn't
hire me. My strategy? Simple: divide audience into two groups, those who believe
you walk on water and those who wish to hold your head firmly beneath it for
oh, twenty minutes, to finish the job.

Savage's palpable ambivalence is irksome. Here again, Grant's dramatic
talents worked perfectly, one moment shrilly denouncing a disputant as a ''small
putrid insect whose life was empty and meaningless', the next, quietly consoling
a caller troubled.

 I like Savage's screaming. It's refreshing, forthright, in a world in which
candor is eschewed in favor of posteriorly shivving one's neighbor for
imaginary slights.

Unfortunately, in recent years, most callers liked me and called to say as
much. N.B.: Psycho callers are an integral part of every talk show,
indispensable spice.

Some chronic would eventually call, allowing display of my Hellyweird-trained
emotional 'range' - so to speak. Some callers expect to be abused. A good
host is ever deferential.

pvz
manabusiveboor key, fl