Re: [IRCA] ZNS-1540

Willis, Dr.Z., and all,

Pleasantly, from my perch just west of the Bahamas -- 90mi due east
to Freeport and 180mi southeast to Nassau, both direct water paths
--- I enjoy all three Bahamian AMs day and night.

1240 ZNS2 Nassau though, with only 1kW is challenged by slop from
1230 WBZT West Palm Beach, 25mi away and also at 1kW.

ZNS3 (C6B3) Freeport, with 1kW but on 810 and at half the distance of
ZNS1 Nassau, is actually the strongest here.

Last night the ZNS1 signal did seem to drop a bit in strength
following the sports program.  It had been equaling ZNS3.

The FCC DB lists 50 kW day and night power, and the same antenna
pattern for both, so it's not clear which might have changed.  WRTH
shows power at 30kW, so maybe they hit the switch during the game and
kicked in those last 20kW.  Or as Willis suggests, they ran non-D
during the game.  Or both.

Curt
-------
W. Curt Deegan