Re: [IRCA] IBOC is back in SE FL.

don Curtino -

  Glad for your good news. Same cannot be said for Tampa. Racketeer-kasters
add new racketmakers by the week, despite all indications AM iBLOC is moribund.

 1250 Tampa, eighty miles distant now wrecks nearby formerly L&C 1240, Ft.
Myers. Makes my point, forget inflated claims of HD cheerleaders - It's about
Jamming.

Jamming is the cheat method by which KronyKasters hope to circumvent listener
antipathy.

Radio World today has great leter from Jim Jenkins, Owner/GM, WAGS,
Bishopville, SC. GM Jenkins didactically demolishes overblown HD claims. He succinctly
nails it:

"Call this marriage off now. The divorce will be ugly."

Even Radio World,  despite last week's seemingly iQuackwitty ghost-written
'Analog Lost - Digital Won' OpEd, this week sez a 'Wow' factor is needed to sell
HD to fleeing listeners.

Get this - R/W actually suggests HD promoters & engineers must see matters
from listener perspective! Who'd a thought?

Byt why would they do that? They know the view is ugly.

"Wow!" Factor? Here's the factor people pick up on: "HD blocks my favorite
station and confines me to a few big broadcasters."

Cheerleaders claim they must do a better job telling listeners about HD's
arrival. They needn't exert themselves. Listeners noted the noisy arrival of this
busted-steam pipe interloper. They welcome HD's as they would a flatulent
amnesiac to a four star banquet.

Dr. Zecchino

PV Zecchino, T.D.
Manalog Key, FL