Re: [IRCA] WOR Curiosity

> I'm curious if WOR is directional during the day to protect
> another station or to put a stronger signal over a particular
> area?

WOR's original directional antenna was put in place in the mid-30s to
strengthen the signal over both New York and Philadelphia. The move north
from Carteret to Lyndhurst in 1967 altered the pattern to favor New York
with less of a Philadelphia lobe.

New stations have come on the air in WOR's nulls over the years in such a
way that WOR couldn't go back to 50 kW ND now if it wanted to. (There are
only two mainland US stations now operating 50 kW DA that could go ND just
for the asking...can anyone name them?)