[IRCA] More on the R-09 Edirol Recorder

In battery tests, I got just under 4 hours of recording time on two
standard, cheap, AA batteries.  The unit also runs on a 120vac
wall-wart transformer that supplies 3vdc to the recorder.  I've
ordered two battery-clip-holders for next to nothing to hold two-each
D cells. I'll epoxy those two holders back-to-back and have four D
cells running this thing. Overseas, I'll strictly rely on regular
alkaline batteries, but in the USA, I plan to use NiMh rechargeables.

One of the nicest things about the R-09 is what happens as the
batteries near the end of their life.  First, the display light
starts cycling off and on.... after ten or 15 minutes of that action,
the light keeps flashing on/off, but the R-09 starts throwing up a
written warning message that the battery is about gone.  You have at
least 15 minutes worth of warning to close things out on that
recording and change batteries. Very nice, very professional!

John B.