[IRCA] NHK2 chimes after sign-off

>Nick H-P wrote:
> > NHK2 signs off at 1500UT on Sunday and Monday mornings our time; the
> > rest of the week, their s/off is within a few minutes of 1640UT.  S/
> > off generally takes 5 minutes or so...the restful chimes can put you
> > back to sleep if you're not careful...

Yep, remember that too!  Enjoyed listening to NHK2 cultural programs,
although I understood about 1 word in 4 (but gaining fast).

Also, JOLK-612 Fukuoka doing an after sign-off maintenance test with music
and IDs about every ten minutes. Call, city, frequency, "doing maintenance"
(in JJ). Assume that it was
a prerecorded tape for maintenance.

Never visited  FEN nor the local JOs (including NHK). Too bad.

When I lived in Philippines, I visited every station I could get to.

73 de Charles

        -----
Charles A Taylor, WD4INP
Greenville, North Carolina