[IRCA] Extended Groundwave & D layer

Fellows,

Thanks for explaining the "extended groundwave" and winter effecting the D layer.  Up here in the NW the sun is low in the Southern sky during the winter, lower than the SF Bay Area.  Living in the Bay Area back in the late 60's, I heard WLS at 4:00 PM. It was winter and about 40 minutes before sunset.  Nothing like Pat has heard up here.  It was cool hearing the WLS ID with the sun out.  It would have been nice to have the antennas we have today back in the 60's.

Dennis,
Vanouver, WA