Re: [IRCA] Skywave-groundwave

--- Patrick Martin <mwdxer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> As far North as we are, in the Winter we get constant skip during
> much
> of the day. I have always called the groundwave "extended groudwave".

*** Back in the 1970's ( when the weather in this area was on average
colder than it is usually now ) it wasn't uncommon to hear
WHO/WCCO/Chicago at or near noon in December/January. But that was
before those channels got cluttered up. Nowadays it's very difficult
here to find a channel where there might be daytime skip.

But if there was any doubt about weather/temperature playing a role,
now that it's gotten really cold across much of the US, old friend KOA
has been back at sunrise here several days now, and I expect I'd hear
them after sunset also if I were listening then.

Russ Edmunds
Blue Bell, PA ( 360' ASL )
[15 mi NNW of Philadelphia]
40:08:45N; 75:16:04W, Grid FN20id