Re: [IRCA] Web site not working. Any news? (Bookmark clarification)

--- Bill Harms <wharms@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Barry:
>
> To answer your question, you could still use the explicit address
> until the IP changes, and that is probably not likely to happen for a
>
> while.  Since the domain name URL works fine now that is moot anyway.

*** I have seen some very wide variations in when individual ISP's pick
up changes from the DNS. Some pick changes up in a matter of hours -
for others it's days to a week. So while Barry's ISP may be initiating
the process, the ISP's for the rest of us may add considerable delay --
or not.

Russ Edmunds
Blue Bell, PA ( 360' ASL )
[15 mi NNW of Philadelphia]