Re: [IRCA] Help with Mexican QSLs

I have had the same problem through the years. Here in the NW, I don't
get many XEs these days, but the ones I do hear, few ever reply. When I
was in Rancho Mirage CA in 2000, I did send a few reports out to XEs and
not one replied. I will admit they were not registered. I tried for
years to QSL XEB 1220 without any luck. Occasionally the station would
pop in when there was strong AU conditions. Finally I saw a QSL posted
where the DXer had sent the report registered and he got a QSL in a few
weeks via FedX. I did the same thing and I got a reply via FedX also. In
that case, I wonder if the report just was not reaching the station.But
sending non-stop registered reports to Mexico would be quite expensive
at near $10 a letter with rp and all. Most of the QSLs that are posted
that are received from Mexico, I have never heard up here. I am still
trying to QSL XERF. I have tried for years. I have not seen any recent
reports of QSLs from the station either. There have been other DXers
that were avid at QSLing XEs, but they pretty much have given up too. I
guess the only way is to take a trip to Mexico and stop by the stations
and pick then up in person. My SS is not all the good to try that. Some
have had luck with e mail reports to some Latins. The advantage there is
no theft or cost involved. I was pleased to get a e mail QSL of late
from XEPE 1700. My first XE QSL in sometime now.
To give you an idea with my luck with XEs, I have been QSLing now for 42
years and have collected 2942 MW QSLs. about 1,000 are foreign.  I have
225 from Australia and 111  each from New Zealand and Japan. Mexico, I
only have 28 QSLs.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin