[IRCA] Dish repaired

Hi everyone,

I know this is a bit "off topic", but as I posted last weekend, after
our storm of gusts 110-114 MPH, the frame on my 8.5 foot dish was
cracked. It was still up, but I did not trust it in another even 70 MPH
wind storm (by the way, we are supposed to get getting tonight). I got
Sopko Welding out this morning to put some 1/4 inch steel pieces in
where the cracks are, and they did a great job. In moving the dish, it
doesn't creak any longer, like it did after the storm. The guy worked
the better part of 4 hours, so I have an idea the bill wont be cheap,
but it is done. I need to realign it when the weather improves a bit,
but it does work. Some of the signal strength is down on some of the
birds. I have had that dish up there for 21 1/2 years and it has been
through a lot of 80-110 MPH storms through the years. But as the welder
said when he saw it "That is one tough dish". It has to be, to survive
our weather.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin