Re: [IRCA] Spectrographs

Quoting Jim Pogue <jpogue@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> I have seen lots of folks referring to using Spectrographs to detect and
> analyze weak signals, splits, etc. I'm convinced that this is something I'd
> like to have, and with a brand new laptop, I think it's time acquire this.
> Sadly, I know nothing about who makes this kind of software, if there is
> more than one product available, etc. Help! What's the best product in your
> opinion (if there is indeed more than one), where can I get the best price,
> etc.? As always, thanks for the great advice that I know will come.

Jim....

strikes me that the IRCA Technical Column recently had something on precision
frequency measurement using Spectran....it provided the source for this and for
Spectrum Lab; both are free.  Martin Hall did a good article on using Spectrum
Lab, available as a reprint, but could be found in a back issue of DX Monitor
if you have them.   Exact date escapes me, as I'm not home right now, but could
probably find out for you.

best wishes,

Nick