Re: [IRCA] UnID 1590

On Friday 15 December 2006 15:12, Bill Harms wrote:
> Barry:
>
> It sounds like Radio Trafico.  The format sounds like traffic
> reports.  Interesting clip.

Thanks, Bill (and Niel and Torolf)... obviously my ear for Spanish isn't so
hot. :-)  XEVOZ isn't shown as Radio Trafico in my ancient WRTH (time to
update - 2007 edition just ordered!), or I might have picked up on it, though
I wasn't expecting a Mexican on a crowded regional channel like 1590 (though
I did also log XEDF on 1500 a little later in the evening).  Just goes to
show what can happen in auroral conditions...

I really thought this would be a common domestic with a format change, so it's
a pleasant surprise.  These disturbed conditions can be fun - 7 newies here
in the past two days!

Barry

--
Barry McLarnon  VE3JF  Ottawa, ON