[IRCA] Galvin / Motorola

--- Eric Floden <eric.f99999@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> good question -- I thought I recalled a restored 34
> Ford with a radio, so
> googled first car radio and got this
>
> Car Radio In 1929, American Paul Galvin, the head of
> Galvin Manufacturing
> Corporation, invented the first car radio. The first
> car radios were not
> available from carmakers. Consumers had to purchase
> the radios separately.
> Galvin coined the name "Motorola" for the company's
> new products combining the idea of motion and radio.

Motorola made some excellent car radios as did Philco.
I have a Motorola 61T23 table radio with TRF that says
Galvin on the back. It's from 1939, and I have to
figure out why it doesn't work. I put in orange drops
back in the late 60's and it worked for many years. It
doesn't receive anything and all the tubes are fine.
I'm guessing one of those caps failed open somewhere
important.

Powell

NNNN!