[IRCA] first car radio -- was: Just another day?

[IRCA] first car radio -- was: Just another day?

good question -- I thought I recalled a restored 34 Ford with a radio, so
googled first car radio and got this

Car Radio In 1929, American Paul Galvin, the head of Galvin Manufacturing
Corporation, invented the first car radio. The first car radios were not
available from carmakers. Consumers had to purchase the radios separately.
Galvin coined the name "Motorola" for the company's new products combining
the idea of motion and radio.

http://inventors.about.com/library/inventors/blcar.htm