Re: [IRCA] [Amdx] Tracking 1610 & Co.

Excellent idea.

-----Original Message-----
From: amdx-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amdx-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
saulamdx
Sent: Sunday, December 03, 2006 10:33 AM
To: am@xxxxxxxxxxx; amdx@xxxxxxxxxx; irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Amdx] Tracking 1610 & Co.

I can only wonder if these broadcasts are the result of too much discussion
about Polonium 210 on the IRCA list. If you don't hear from me in a week...

Anyhow, for those who really want to know...

Why not call a reporter or editor at the New York Times, or local papers of
affected stations, eg., Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Also worth approaching the
broadcast trade magazines.

I think it would also very much be worth more than one call to the FCC, to
get something on the record. If they tell you 'no comment' or 'we don't
know', that can be substantial, especially if or when it turns out they do
know. FOIA info access requests would be worthwhile.

There's a group called Investigative Reporters and Editors. Their members
know how to access FOIA requests, and maybe a staffer there can point you to
a couple good investigative journalists (at NY Times, etc... but there are
some good, dogged people at smaller papers) who specialize in this sort of
thing.

It is also worth contacting any stations that are or might be significantly
affected. Think of daytimers close enough to the signal, or nightimers that
might experience hampered coverage. Talk with their NEWS staff (if they have
any).

This is also a good one for Coast to Coast, though I see this lower on the
order of priorities.

I'm kicking myself for assuming 1610 tone would be with us a bit longer. Am
in a work binge here, and never got to the car radio. Tried 1020 last night
downtown and had a possible tone. Will try this evening. 590 is blocked by a
local.

I will post some basic info on one e-mail list where some good U.S.
reporters lurk.