[IRCA] Sunday night storm

Greetings,

Well, we have another storm hitting us tonight with wind gusts in the 60
MPH range, that should die down Friday afternoon. However, there is
another storm the weather service is tracking that looks quite nasty. It
is possible to see winds of close to 100 MPH Sunday night into Monday.
All of these storms are fast moving storms, so the worst will be over by
Monday late morning. But this one has the potential to do damage,
especially since the ground is so saturated after the 12 inches of rain
we have received in less than a week. This Sunday/Monday storm could
bring the winds up to 60 MPH in Portland and the Valley too. The weather
service is watching this. This one, I might go over and stay on the East
side of Astoria at the Comfort Inn on Sunday night. The motel is on the
river, but the hill blocks a lot of the wind. It will be windy, but less
than here. I generally do not get concerned about storms often, but this
one does not look good. The eye of the storm looks like it will come on
shore around Hoquiam WA and anything South will have heavy winds, North
it will be a lot less according to the weather service. As the storm
gets closer, it will be easier to tell exactly where it will come on
shore.
Then later in the week, about Wednesday or Thursday, another storm is
headed our way. That one is too far out to know much. The OR/WA coasts
are right on track with the jet stream this Winter once again to see
storm after storm. Hopefully this will not last forever. Last year it
went from Mid Dec to the first of Feb, 6 weeks of it.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin
KAVT Reception Manager