Re: [IRCA] 810 WGY heard in Victoria, BC

At 08:04 PM 11/3/2006, you wrote:
>Very nice, Walter. This is the kind of stuff one can do with a good phasing
>set up. Most likely you could retweak the controls and knock KGO down again.
>73 KAZ...who would have given this hobby up years ago if not for phasing.

You know, Neil, despite hearing about phasers for years, I never bothered until just recently.  As Colin Newell mentioned, these things are very addictive.  Sure takes some skill to get it "just right" and that point is ever-changing, presumably
as the ionosphere changes.  A question though.  Is there some way of predicting where one should tweak, and what should work best.  Right now, I have a K9AY on one input (with a choice of N/S/E/W) and an ALA 100 loop on the other.  I have a lot of permutations, therefore, to try...hence the desire to be more predictive.  My ALA loop is pretty much N/S in orientation.  Hopefully over the next month or so, I'm going to erect some EWES (or possibly Pennants instead) in the same N/S and E/W orientation.  These should make an interesting combination for the phaser..........Walt.