Re: [IRCA] DDXD-W / New TIS/HAR (or Part 15 or ???) in Chula Vista, CA

Re: [IRCA] DDXD-W / New TIS/HAR (or Part 15 or ???) in Chula Vista, CA

The CalTrans station WNSB415 in South San Diego (CA-905 @Beyer Blvd.
between I-5 and I-805), which has moved from 1610 to 530 to 1700 to
1620, has a huge signal on 1620. This must be more than 10 watts. They
hold their own against XEUT-1630, which is nowhere near the blowtorch
they used to be.
/////
WNSB415 is licensed at 10 watts. But the license shows a "tower" antenna
instead of the usual "pole" antenna. In the case of TIS listings, my
experience has been that "tower" usually refers to one of the ValCom
self-supporting antennas. These almost always have a superior signal
compared to the "pole" equipped TIS stations. Here in Denver we have a
10 watt TIS that uses a ValCom "tower" and the FCC actually lists its
ERP as 40 watts.

I agree that XEUT is certainly not what they use to be. In 2001 they
were huge here. I received a really nice QSL package from them back
then.

Patrick Griffith, Westminster CO
http://community.webtv.net/N0NNK/
http://community.webtv.net/AM-DXer/