Re: [IRCA] TP propagation question

At 16:19 28/10/2006, you wrote:
>Friends,
>
>With the solar numbers looking pretty good, I was up two hours before
>band fade. The first hour, before the pre-dawn "pause" continues to
>be very interesting/productive.  I've never found this period
>particularly good before. I wonder if the bottom of the solar cycle
>is giving us this period, or if it has always been there and I just
>missed it.  Nick, does your propagation monitoring record give any
>insight into that???  I'd say that 3 morning out of four, I'm finding
>TP reception at almost equal to dawn enhancement levels, on average,
>and on some signals, ONLY hearing them well in this early period.

I believe what has happened in the past, John, is that, as winter
approaches, the "norm" for low band Asiatics is to peak before
sunrise, with a shorter peak at sunrise.  Closer to midwinter, the
peak can move to the point of maximum darkness path between east Asia
and here, with sometimes no sunrise peak at all.  But, in fact, a lot
of times in midwinter, there really is just no signal (aren't you
glad you're going back to Oklahoma?)

On the upper band, the sunrise peak is more likely, even during midwinter.

This is of course speaking for the path from Japan/Korea to the
Pacific Northwest.  Things could be radically different in California
for example.

best wishes,

Nick