Re: [IRCA] WLW

When I visited the WLW transmitter site in 2002 I was very surprised to
see a large cell phone tower in close proximity just to the south of the
site. I saw no evidence of a detuning system on the cell phone tower.

KPOF / 910 here in the Denver area is a legacy station and is ND. There
is a large metal water tower and a 3-story building with a steep
metal-clad roof in very close proximity to their antenna. Neither is
detuned and they were present decades before any protection rules
existed. The effect of these structures is clearly visible as a
depression in the radiation in that direction on the KPOF contour plot.

Patrick Griffith, Westminster CO
http://community.webtv.net/N0NNK/
http://community.webtv.net/AM-DXer/