Re: [IRCA] HD Radios - snap them up!!

From: Stephen Hawkins <ng0g@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [IRCA] HD Radios - snap them up!!
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 05:39:05 -0500

Craig,

On Saturday 14 October 2006 18:21, Craig Healy wrote:

> Who will be the first to have a thousand mile HD DX reception on AM?
> Anyone in the midwest tried for WBZ at sunrise?  I did some extensive
> listening when WOWO and WHAM left the pot boiling overnight.  Nada..

With a few exceptions
there is nothing on AM BCST that would benefit from HD.  The only reason I
can think of that they might be doing it is to sell some kind of data
services that they can transmit simultaneously with their current fare.

Steve
--
73 49 111 01001001
Steve Hawkins NG0G

The manufacturers would benefit by making all BCB receivers in existence obsolete and selling all us suckers new ones! That is the ONLY benefit I can see and it certainly wouldn't benefit anyone except the manufacturers and maybe a few techs. It seems to me to be going over like a lead balloon anyway, unless of course the dictat, err. I mean the government forces the issue.

Bob Young
Millbury, Ma
All firebreathing radios.