Re: [IRCA] HD Radios - snap them up!!

Craig,

On Saturday 14 October 2006 18:21, Craig Healy wrote:

> Who will be the first to have a thousand mile HD DX reception on AM?
> Anyone in the midwest tried for WBZ at sunrise?  I did some extensive
> listening when WOWO and WHAM left the pot boiling overnight.  Nada..

I can hear them in Boone, Iowa at 0526 Boone Daylight Savings time, or 1026Z.
However I am using my 80M vertical and a Yaesu FT1000 MP, MkV Field, not an HD
radio, as I don't own one, and probably never will.  With a few exceptions
there is nothing on AM BCST that would benefit from HD.  The only reason I
can think of that they might be doing it is to sell some kind of data
services that they can transmit simultaneously with their current fare.

BTW, I can also hear an oldies station under WBZ but they have not given a
call when I could copy it.

Steve
--
73 49 111 01001001