Re: [IRCA] WPBI/WSVU (was WTIX-980 Winston Salem NC?)

Re: [IRCA] WPBI/WSVU (was WTIX-980 Winston Salem NC?)

To be fair... This call sign was granted 10/1/06  100,000 watts updated it 10/5 and
  AMLOGBOOK.com updated on 10/7 ..

  For those of you not subscribed, 100,000 watts updated daily. I usually update
  twice a month

  I think both sites do an outstanding job of "keeping uip"

  I credit Scott Fybush with 100,000 watts since he is the Editor.. I am well aware
  whom I send my check to every year. Scott has done more for the DX and  Broadcasting community than anyone else I know, and I just wanted to  give him some credit.

  Since WSVU is a customer of mine (I sold them their transmitter) I wont comment on the format change.

  Also to clarify my comment on local WCFI 1290... The FCC has been  hunting for this guy for 2 years...(something about non payment of a  20K fine) Their left hand does not talk to their right hand.   There is alot more to this than I can comment on

  This is why when I am updating my site, I look at ALL the resources available
  and I dont carve any of them in stone..Including mine.

  The FCC site is pretty good at call changes and CP's, but they can not  keep up with silent stations. I also find their tower site locations to  be in-accurate at times. They also tend to delete stations too soon....

  This is what makes DXing dso much fun.

  regards to all

  Lee
  Ocala FL
  www.amlogbook.com

  "W. Curt Deegan" <WWWR@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:  Bob,

It does indeed reflect a format change on 960.  First reported 10/5 by
another FL DXer, from WPBI with C&W, to WSVU with Standards (or something
like that).

It may be relevant to mention the station had as far as I heard, not begun
to do any advertising while carrying C&W.  (One exception was when carrying
a syndicated C&W program they did have Ovaltine ads.)   I don't know the
significance of this -- no one wanted to advertise, they weren't really
ready to get down to business, who knows?  According to one promo I heard,
the official kick-off -- of the new format I presume -- is 10/16.

Daytime reception here is fair and listenable, except when my Cable TV
noise kicks in, then they are buried.

Curt
-------
W. Curt Deegan