Re: [IRCA] Wonderful TP dx conditions

Pat,

Last night 10/11 CFPR was exceptionally strong atop the frequency around 11pm when I was listening for a few minutes.  Really powering in.  TOH ID was usual CBC Vancouver with additional 690 AM
mentioned.  Interestingly, the night before when I also heard the French Canadian CBKF-2 on 860, at TOH 0100 PDT I had two CBC outlets giving news, both in english.  Since I heard CBKF-2 give
the news in French an hour earlier I'm wondering who the other CBC outlet was?  Toronto perhaps?  I wasn't up to waiting another hour to find out (sadly).......

The only other thing of interest last night was that 650 was covered by KMTI in Manti UT with c&w programming.  So 650 is a mix of KSTE, KMTI,KRTR,CKOM with antenna pointing NE/SW and
KENI/CISL/XETNT when pointing NW/SE.....Course the horrid buzz also accompanies the NW/SE bearing.  An interesting frequency.  I can also hear KGAB-WY at SRS often.

Speaking of Alaska (as you have been :-) reminds me of my verification letter from KJNP in North Pole.  They state in this letter that my report was the very first from the lower 48 states.
This goes back to about 1968 I think (without checking).  Since all I can hear now is KENI from that big state I thought I'd brag a little about my salad days.

Don K.
S.F. CA