[IRCA] OCT 9 TAs

Jim Renfrew, Byron NY

OCT 9

In case you missed me, I spent a week hiking down into the Grand Canyon,
experiencing a few more thrills and chills than normally happen seated in
front of my radio.  Well, OK, there are howling winds in Newfoundland, and I
once had to retrieve an antenna wire along a cliff above the pounding surf.
But the Canyon is a death zone if one is unprepared.  Many people have died
for underestimating simple hydration needs.   For those who are into such
things, we climbed down on the South Rim's Boucher Trail and climbed up the
Hermit Trail, 21 miles, 3800' descent/ascent, temperatures varied between 50
and 100 degrees.  There were two days of pounding thunderstorms, and we
spent a fair amount of time hiding under ledges, watching the few water
sources turn into surges of red mud.  A huge challenge, but a great
experience!

I missed all of the tests from last week.

Tonight's TA's

2130 edt

1134    music
1206    talk