Re: [IRCA] TP Oct 3

At 07:10 AM 10/3/2006, Nick Hall-Patch wrote:

>Tons of audio, mostly at threshold level, on 9 kHz channels this
>morning, mostly Asiatic earlier, may be some Aussie signs now at
>1410UT....give it a listen if you haven't already.
>
>best wishes,
>Nick

Hi, Nick.  I listened between 13:08 and 14:20 UTC.  Early on, conditions were pretty awful with barely any audio, but there was a very nice fade-up by 13:50 and continued until 14:20.  Nothing much down under that I came across 25
audios, especially in the middle of the band with 1206 being particularly good.  Now  I need some help here.  At 13:58, the signal came way up.  At 14:00 there were no time pips, nor signature tune.  The language was oriental.
Others say this is the Korean service from China.  I did a bit of sleuthing on ILG.  CNR8 has a minority service listed on this frequency.  ILG says that Korean is between 10:00 to 10:57, Uighur the next 57 minutes, then Mongolian, Tibetan
 and Kazakh (the latter at 14:00 to 14:57).  There's also a CRI Korean service listed on 13620 from 11:00 to 11:57, the following 2 hours as well, and 14:00 to 14:57 on 5965.  13620 would be impossible here, but 5965 is probably
easily heard here.  Now, are we saying that 1206 is the CNR8 feed (which means the languages don't match), or the CRI Korean feed?  If so, why have I heard programming before the top of the hour, when the schedule lists
programming only until xx:57?  And, why no time pips or interval signal?  Please have a listen to this short clip which I uploaded at www.dxer.ca  under the sounds category.  Many thanks!

Otherwise the Japanese powerhouses which were very weak earlier really came up around 14:00 as well.  VOA Thailand was decent on 1575, as was HLAZ on 1566.  1053 was audible with 2 audios simultaneously at 14:06 with
the dominant being probably JOAR.  The jamming, I think was only weakly heard.  Nothing from Australia noted today, although RFO was there at a 7 level at 13:37.

Cheers!......Walt Salmaniw, Victoria, BC