Re: [IRCA] "CBS Radio Networks Channel 44" blown automation on 1340 in the west

Re: [IRCA] "CBS Radio Networks Channel 44" blown automation on 1340 in the west

Sounds like someone's automation system got programmed wrong.  The
announcement you heard is what CBS/Westwood One puts on their satellite
channels that are not currently carrying programming.  For instance, we
run Penn State sports on WNTP, which is on CBS Channel 42.  When we
check the satellite we get the "CBS Radio Network's Channel 42" all week
long when no games or other programming is on.

It's a good idea really because in keeping audio on the channel with
identifying announcements, it makes it easy for affiliates to check
their satellite feeds.

Usually when a station starts airing the announcements, they have
misprogrammed their automation systems with the wrong satellite feed for
that time.

Rene F. Tetro
Lansdale, PA, USA
W2FIL, WPXG816, WPXU288